adidas launched its new Predator boot, the adipower. The 11th version of the Predator, an iconic shoe worn by players such as Kaka, Xavi, Nani, Van Persie or Steven Gerrard.
Features are as follow:
- They weigh in at 235 g
- Created with a Taurus leather upper (like the Predator X).
- Feature an all new Predator element that allows for increased swerve and ball control.
- Lightweight SprintFrame Soleplate (like the one used on the adiZero).
- Re-introduction of a PowerSpine element in the outsole, which is designed to increases shot power.
- Redesigned tongue and lacing system.
- Alcantara leather like heel lining that is designed to keep you foot in place.
The adipower Predator features “The Predator element” which has been re-engineered to maximise ball control abilities. The Predator element featured on the medial side of the boot is an injected silicon-rubber component welded onto the base material. The silicon rubber increases spin when striking the ball to ensure perfect ball control in all weather conditions. The further enhancement of the Predator element makes the adipower Predator “the most accurate Predator ever produced”.
World-class players such as Nani (Manchester United), Xavi (FC Barcelona), Van Persie (Arsenal), Kaká (Real Madrid) and Gerrard (Liverpool) have tested and contributed valuable input into the development of the adiPower Predator and will debut the boot on pitches across the globe in May 2011.
The new adipower Predator football boot will be available at adidas own retail outlets as well as specialist stores in the UK from July 2011 in Sharp Blue/Electricity/Black for an estimated retail price of £155. [Source: RWD mag]